Thursday, April 17, 2008

How sweet it is!

By now I think we've all heard what the food police consider to be the "enemy": white flour, white sugar, white bread and white rice.

For years we've been told it is healthier to convert to multi-grain or whole wheat. Like a good soldier, I have tried to comply...only to fall short.

You see, I am a sweet-freak!

I love chocolate! Cake, Candy, Pastries; especially pastries! If it's sweet, I probably love it. But that's not to say, I don't discern. If it's not appealing, I won't eat it.

But for the most part, I can't say I've ever met a dessert I didn't like. Especially cake: devil's food, carrot, coconut, vanilla, butter yellow. And now--Yay!--cupcakes are all the rage.

I heart cupcakes.

Fortunately, there's good news. With one of the highest levels of anti-oxidants-- working hard to chase away nasty free radicals--chocolate is now deemed beneficial!

It was a GR8 day at the T8 EST8 when that report came out! Guilt-free chocolate! Hooray! Oh, I know: must be 70% dark cocoa. No problem!

Now comes other recent reports that indicate some red wine, some coffee and some beer is also beneficial.

Wow! All my favorite 'foods'. Looks like I may be on the right track, after all!