Monday, April 21, 2008

How does your garden grow?

Gardening--one of life's greatest stress relievers! There's nothing quite like putting your hands in the soil to feel closer to the Earth, to let your cares melt away.

I read something amusing recently by a garden journalist who said, "You can tell a lot about people by the gardens they keep. In other words, a tight-ass person is going to have a tight-ass garden."

Ha! I couldn't believe it! There it was, in black and white: what I always believed, although I came by my philosophy differently. One look at my jungle, er, I mean, garden, one might surmise I am a tad untidy.

And perhaps one might be right. You know what they say about creative minds.

Soooo, I keep my garden as I do my hair: a bit unkempt and sometimes tangled but, like my plants, it flies free in the wind when I wear it loose. Yeah, kinda like me.

One thing's for sure: judging by my jungle, it's easy to see: I am not a tight ass!

And I wouldn't have it any other way!