Friday, April 25, 2008

Lost Art

Okay, first off, I'll admit that I'm a stickler for good grammar and sentence structure but I recognize most people are not! It's almost a lost art!

Even though I may be in the minority and some of my favorite people are guilty of my pet peeve, I'm going to say it anyway.

People, People!! Please put some white space in your emails. They're called paragraphs! When beginning a new thought or idea, skip a line. It's not only correct, it is also gives the recipient a place to rest the eye.

As editor of a monthly health newsletter, my sister told me that nowadays she is working with people who use text messaging instead of full sentences. Forget correct spelling. With "text-ing", there's no more need.

Well, now. Looks like I am becoming more obsolete with each passing day.

Sigh!