Saturday, May 10, 2008

$timulu$ Package

So, that $1200. dollars "W" promised, showed up in our checking account a couple days ago.

Initially, I laughed at the notion of Bush's $olution to the rece$$ion... to hand out revenue. But shortly thereafter, I realized we were going to get a four-digit check...soon.

Hhhmmm, how nice!

At the urging of our economically-challenged President (to go buy--something frivolous--in order to stimulate the economy)just like that, I let myself gooooo...

...to the clog shop

...where my friend works

...to get that pair I've always wanted.

Without flinching, I bought a pair of 3-digit clogs I'd had my eyes on for a l-o-n-g time.

You see, I've never bought a pair of shoes for over 100 dollar$. Unlike Carrie Bradshaw, I cannot fathom the idea of forking over, say $400, for a pair of "designer" footwear.

Tres unconscionable to moi!

But this one-time phenomenom seemed like the right time to do something totally outside my normal behavior. Afterwards, I wondered if I might not actually like them, knowing they were borne of ill-begotten mean$.

Nah!

I came to see they were the perfect metaphor. Every time I'm stomping and clomping around on the pavement, it is a physical renouncement of Bush.

Thanks, W!