Saturday, May 10, 2008

Got Spring?

A rose here, an iris there, clematis and honeysuckle both bursting with buds ready to explode...

...but here in the Pacific Northwest, Mother Nature has not been kind this Spring!

Tulips came in on time but relentless rains and snows(!) in April withered their edges prematurely. Instead of stately, they looked sad so I cut most from my garden to bring them in where they might find a more favorable climate.

But mostly I cut them for sheer enjoyment of their vivid colors; in the kitchen window to cheer me and remind me, it IS in fact, Spring despite the gloomy, grey skies overhead.

I know Spring will eventually arrive but She will not come in with a purr. Instead, She will be extreme just like weather all over the country has been this year.

Weatherman is predicting 92 degrees by next Friday. This, after months of temperatures hovering in the 50's!

To think, some people are still skeptical of global warming!