Tuesday, June 10, 2008

$ign of the Time$

With constantly rising fuel costs, many people are scrambling to find cheaper ways to get around. In doing so, they're turning to new AND old modes of transportation.

There I was in the front yard yesterday, tending my garden, when a passing car stopped and its driver asked,

"Are you using that old Honda?", referring to my 87 Accord in the driveway.

"Oh, yeah!", I replied.

"So, it's not for sale!?", he continued.

"Oh, Nooooo!" said I, emphatically.

Over the years, that ol' Honda has taken a lickin' and keeps on tickin' while I've taken a lot of flak, mostly from family, about how old it is.

Not easily swayed by nay-sayers, I know a good thing when I got it! Truly faithful vehicles like Hondas last--if not forever--for a very L O N G T I M E.

So, what d'ya know!? People are seeking out older models like mine. Who knew my old car would become so desirable?

Why? Three words: great gas mileage.

I have been officially vindicated!