Friday, August 22, 2008

Real Men Don't Look Like Ken

I guess it started with my shrines about Real Women (Don't Look Like Barbie). While searching for mini-Barbie dolls to include in them, I also found lots of other cute, little dolls.

Thus, began my affinity for collecting miniature dolls.

Kewpie, troll, Barbie; Check!

As a young girl, I used to amuse myself for hours playing with paper doll cut-outs (from McCall's magazine) and later, with 3-D dolls that I'd dress up with clothes my mom made from old, kitchen curtains.

Eventually, my dolls went the way of all toys that have lost their appeal and novelty. I moved on to board games, bicycles and then, Ah, boys!

From there, 'twas all downhill.

Fast-forward, today. Glad to say, my love for dolls has returned. I also retain a great fondness for my bike and One Boy in particular, my real-life doll!