Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's a good thing

It's just a word I made up but it says it all: A'rosa'therapy!

My roses smell so good and bring me so much pleasure that the combination of aromatherapy and roses seems like a natural!

Fourteen years ago, when I first moved in this home, I went about filling the perimeters of both front and back yards by planting lots of perennials and roses.

But not just any roses--only those with fragrance! Sweet, spicy, mossy, heady. All words used to describe roses--all of which I own.

When I put my rose garden together, I made sure I got a collection of different colors--with one sweet scent or another--knowing I'd cut and use them in floral arrangements

My roses are not just a thing of beauty; I take time to smell them, too...

...for what good is a sweet rose if a nose doesn't enjoy it?