Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holy Snow Globe!

If ever there was a day to take a "pass" on productivity, surely it's today!

As Ol' Man Winter bears down on us, there's nothing better to do than surrender. This is not like every other day!

Northern arctic air and gusting eastern winds have combined to create one of the nastiest blizzards these parts have seen in years.

I can't help thinking about my childhood winters in the Midwest...a hearty reminder that I wasn't cut out for frigid temperatures.

Knowing that to venture out means braving extreme elements only makes me want to do it while my greater instincts know better.

In fact, one of my favorite civic admonitions is "If you don't have to go out, don't".

OK, Okay! Glad to say I don't have to!

Such crazy mixed-up weather makes for a good day to stay in with a warm cup of anything...and a pass on productivity.