Monday, December 15, 2008

Tis the Season!

With temperatures hovering in the twenties, it's colder than it's been in years; worst of all, it's expected to stick around all week.

Just when we think we can exhale, forecasters are saying 'we ain't seen nothin' yet'. Huh?

Next weekend is supposed to bring a wintry mix of freezing rain with more snow and cold temperatures.

It's good to be reminded of what a real winter feels like. After all, this is what most of the country deals with every year.

No thanks!

From a very early age, I knew that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life scraping, shovelling and defrosting my car and self for months on end. There had to be a better way.

There is. I found my nirvana here in the usually-temperate Pacific Northwest where winter days generally reach 55 degrees.

But every once in a while, we are jolted back to reality with a severe cold snap as stark reminder of how lucky we are NOT to deal with this ongoingly.

Along with all I'm grateful for, I will add this to my list: a day to hunker down with my hunk who stayed home from work.

Weather like this can only be dealt with one way: preferably under the covers!