Wednesday, December 17, 2008

E-Z

Oh, email! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

Actually, there's only one: instant connectivity!

To communicate with others, including long lost friends, by the flick of a click is immeasurably satisfying for people [like me] who enjoy writing.

I'm not one to look up old classmates but once in a while, my Inbox will hold a surprise. It's precisely this unpredictability that lures me to check email often.

Finding someone from the past is a treat I never imagined possible beyond the telephone or hand-written letter. But now, in our modern age, connecting with Memory Lane is 1-2-3 E-Z, electronically.

It's especially handy for days like this when the weather is so frightful, being indoors is a given. Through the beauty and magic of email, I can transcend the freezing temperatures. I can even pretend it's summer.

Well, except for one problem: I'm wearing so many layers and still my nose is cold!

B-r-r-r, Baby! It's cold INSIDE, tooooooooo!