Thursday, March 27, 2008

1 GR8 GRRL

Love them or hate them, the Clintons created one intelligent young woman, Chelsea. When asked recently about Monica Lewinsky by someone in a crowd gathered on a college campus, she very calmly said this:


"Wow! I've been to almost seventy colleges so far and no one has asked me that...(long pause). You know, that's really none of your business!"


Bravo, Chelsea...for telling it like it is instead of replying in typical politico-speak by saying something soothing like "Of course, it was a difficult time..." Blech!


I have more respect for those who speak their truth, 'quietly and clearly' as Desiderata states,
than for those who use spin at all costs...well, kinda like her mom. Sorry, Hillary!

In today's Oregonian Letters to editor, someone wrote exactly what I was thinking: "She (Chelsea) shows great promise as a future presidential candidate."

If Hillary (likely) doesn't win the nomination, the Clintons may fade into history for a while. But as Bill just said, "We're not quitters!". Love them or hate them, the Clintons will be around for a L - O - N - G time!
Meanwhile, I am keeping my eye on Chelsea.