Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Soul Food"

Barking dogs. Screaming kids. Buzzing saws. These are some of the neighborhood sounds that disturb the peace.

Since I have none of the above, I do what I can to remind the neighbors that their pets and kids aren't the only ones who can break the silence.

I rock n' roll...

Loudly!

I crank up the stereo, dance, sing along, play air guitar; generally getting my ya-ya's out. But I wait till late morning or early afternoon to turn up the volume. Wouldn't want to miss the sound of early morning birds chirping, even though that never stops barking dogs.

I prefer to get my exercise unconventionally. Without the boredom of repetitive lifts, bends and squats, I'm raising my heart rate my way: sweatin' it up while rockin' out!

Satisfying two daily requirements: moderate exercise and food for the soul.